Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Quick (and Overdue) Update

I'm staying busy in Dallas and still waiting for a new chapter to start in life.

Since resigning from my position at Peak, there honestly hasn't been a lot of new things to discuss (hence the lapse in blogging). I spent a great week at home in Baton Rouge and it was amazing to see friends and family. I've started working at Michael's (arts & crafts store) and Barnes & Noble to help with bills and all. Working at Michael's and having a great deal of free time has been great for my creativity as those who follow me on Twitter may have seen. I would, however, welcome a day off or two. As of today, I've worked at one job or another (and yes, both) every day for the past 13 days and am scheduled to continue on with this streak for the foreseeable future.

On the job search front, I've applied to a number of schools and interviewed with two so far. I'm back in familiar territory just waiting for the phone to ring and applying for as many positions as I feel comfortable. I may have one or two that I'm hoping for a bit more than the others, but that's completely natural. I just wonder about being out of the "student affairs loop" for too long and having to justify my absence (ie- why could I not find a job in higher ed if that's what I really wanted).

Regardless of work and job searching hurdles, I'm planning to make another trip home in a few weeks since I doubt that I'll be able to for either Thanksgiving or Christmas. Maybe the Great Pumpkin will bring me something nice this weekend to make things a bit easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment