Friday, April 2, 2010

Breaking News!!

For those of you who haven't heard yet, I broke my ankle on Wednesday evening while out with some friends. I wasn't completely sober, but I wasn't stumbling around, forget my name drunk either. It was kind of just a dumb accident that ended up as a pretty funny story.


My ankle is broken in two places and I tore some ligaments as well. I’ve got to have surgery next Wednesday afternoon and will be pretty much off my feet for the next 2-3 months. I’ve got a wheelchair to help get around and a better set of crutches to use though I’m still jerky and off-balanced using them. My brother and sister-in-law have graciously volunteered to take me in for the time being so that I can recover with people around to help if needed.

So, how does this relate to my job search and professional journey?

Well, the following week on April 15 and 16, I've got an on-campus interview. I'm really not sure of how this will work, what state I'll be in, or what to expect. However, I'm ready for the challenge and nowhere near ready to simply give up this opportunity because of a stupid mistake.

I'm planning to call and work out the details with them on Monday morning and will surely have things to share here. On a similar note, Monday afternoon, I've got a phone interview with a university in the Atlanta area! There's more to come and though I may be broken, I'm definitely not out of this race!

No comments:

Post a Comment