Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Applications Completed: 17

Applications in Consideration: 1(but it's a lot to consider) but there may be a few more tomorrow

Interviews Completed: 2 (by phone)

Interviews to Come: 1

---

Things have been moving surprisingly quickly with some of the schools that I have applied to so far; although, I would probably feel much more comfortable if I had more options on the table, especially when it comes time to make those big decisions. I know what I'd really liked out of my first job, but I also know that it may not be entirely feasible to expect everything at the same institution. There are some concessions that I'm willing to make and some things that I am prepared to stand my ground and fight to have.

I just wish there was more orientation, new student programs, or first year experience jobs in NODA's Region VI (LA, MS, AL, GA, FL, TN, KY, NC, SC). I've built a good network here and know that there are great things to come for this area. So far though, only 6 of my 16 jobs are in those states and 4 of those have the potential to be in my areas of interest. Honestly, and this is something that may be totally mental for me, I simply don't know how ready I am for this inevitable change.

No comments:

Post a Comment