Monday, January 11, 2010

Job Search Update and More

Applications Completed: 8

Applications in Consideration: 3(ish)

Applications Without Hope: 2 (I was deemed unqualified for one and haven't heard back from the other after about 6 weeks and a few calls)


I am doing pretty well so far on my resolution to apply for at least 3 jobs each week. I've got some positive responses from a few which is fairly reassuring! There are some more frustrating moments but I'll save those for a later post. Since I haven't heard from any schools specifically, I'm starting to look for that"disposable job" I mentioned previously. I'm starting with places I enjoy like bookstores and maybe coffee shops.

On a slightly different note, unemployment has provided me with a bit of spare time that I've tried to capitalize on though it hasn't always worked out well. I have been cooking more than usual and trying some new dishes. I've also been reading much more for leisure than before including an entire book in a night! More for necessity than for pleasure, I rearranged my bedroom and think it's more functional now. Lastly and perhaps most enjoyable, I have used the free time to catch up on missed or forgotten TV shows and movies.

Mary Ellen, Meghan and Chandler are supposed to be in town this weekend for a wedding and I cannot wait to see them. We're not planning on doing anything too crazy, but they've been away for too long so I'm all for entertaining them!

No comments:

Post a Comment