Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Full Circle

In celebration of my 100th post on this blog, I decided to share something about my new position that relates back to the reason I began Tiger2Tiger in the first place-Auburn.

When I started at Auburn last May, I was promptly informed that I had a new name. One of Camp War Eagle's Head Camp Counselors was named Chris, so to avoid confusion, I became "Landry." Apparently, they voted and I lost. It actually wasn't terrible and I came to like it since it was a definite change from the nickname I've had since 1999...

This morning, I visited Peak Preparatory to meet my new supervisor, get acclimated with campus and make sure that everything is in order for my official start date. After a very productive meeting with Teresa, we had Thai for lunch with one of the other administrators. Lo and behold, his name is Chris, and they'd already voted. I lost again...

Despite the craziness of the last few weeks (really months) today has been a complete success for me. I started unofficially working today on some special projects to get me ready for July 19th. I also set up my apartment; it's in a great location and is pretty roomy.

To end this post, I want to continue looking forward and provide some goals that I have for this position:
  • develop a better understanding of secondary education to better serve me in higher education (basically- where are students coming from before they start college)
  • create a better system of information distribution to pass on to my successor
  • continue to expand my professional network with NODA and beyond
  • save a bit of money to be able to travel more and see my friends that have moved away
Here's to many more posts as I continue my journey... Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment