Thursday, May 13, 2010

All Quiet on the Southern Front...

Not much has happened lately so there hasn't been much of a job search update necessary. I've interviewed with a few schools over the last couple of weeks and am waiting to hear back from them. I haven't seen many orientation, first year student, or family programs positions posted recently as many schools are beginning their summers (which is busy season for this field).

I've never been one to give up easily, but I am a realist. I understand that I can't expect to stay unemployed for much longer (after I'm back on my feet) despite my goals. Now, I just have to weigh my options and ask myself the tough questions that I have maybe been avoiding for some time.

Should I stay here in Baton Rouge or move closer to where I'd like to work and continue searching there? What can I do for work that is relevant and would offer strong, relatable, transferable experience to higher education? How long can I keep applying and job searching in this field before I need to look to something else?

No comments:

Post a Comment