Sunday, March 28, 2010

Friends in Higher (Ed) Places

Since it's been quite a while since my last post, I'm going to try to recap over a few posts this week.

There honestly hasn't been too much action on the job search front (which is partially why I've been slow to post) beside two phone interviews that I'm still waiting to hear back from.

Some slightly more exciting news is a result of my recent surprise trip to Louisville, Kentucky for the Southern Regional Orientation Workshop (SROW). I say that it was a surprise because most of LSU's student staff had no clue that I would be attending. I used it as an opportunity for networking and learning for my future positions. It was a great trip and I'll share more in one of those upcoming posts.

The title of this post sort of relates back to my SROW experience though. I've really come to value the connections that I've made with student affairs professionals over the last few months. It was great to talk to people in Louisville especially those that have or may have job openings at their institutions. It's also exciting to hear from friends randomly about jobs that are available or will soon be available. It's glimmers of hope like this that make waiting for the right position worth it.

1 comment: